Christine M. Korsgaard
Essays and Work in Progress
Animal Selves and the Good
Work in Progress; forthcoming in Oxford Studies in Normative Ethics edited by Mark Timmons, 2018.
- forthcoming in Critical Terms for Animal Studies edited by Lori Gruen.
How to be an Aristotelian Kantian Constitutivist
Work in Progress; forthcoming in a volume on Constitutivism to be edited by Matthias Haas.
The Claims of Animals and the Needs of Strangers: Two Cases of Imperfect Right
Work in Progress; eventually forthcoming in The Journal of Practical Ethics
- Kantian Ethics, Animals, and the Law
- The Hart Lecture for 2012
- The Oxford Journal of Legal Studies Winter 2013 33 (4) 1-20.
- On Having a Good
- Philosophy, the Journal of the Royal Institute of Philosophy, Volume 89, Issue 03, pp. 405-429, July 2014; and in Philosophers of Our Times, edited by Ted Honderich, Oxford 2015.
- A Kantian
for Animal Rights
- Animal Law: Tier und Recht, edited by Julia Hänni, Margot Michel, Daniela Kühne. Dike Verlag, Zurich, 2012.
Relational Nature of the Good
- Oxford Studies on Metaethics, Volume 8, edited by Russ Shafer-Landau. Oxford:
Oxford University Press, 2013.
- The Origin of the Good and Our Animal
- The Normative
Constitution of Agency
Rational and Social Agency: Essays on the Philosophy of Michael
Bratman, edited by Manuel Vargas and Gideon Yaffe. New York:
Oxford University Press, 2014, and in German translation in a volume of
essays on normativity edited by Rainer Forst, from
- Forthcoming in a volume on Respect for Persons, edited by Oliver Sensen and Richard Dean.
Published in Spanish
by Dulce María Grande in Signos
Filosoficos, No. 26,
Animals: A Kantian Account
The Oxford Handbook of Animal Ethics, edited by
Beauchamp and R. G. Frey. Oxford,
on the Evolution of Morality
Lecture in Philosophy 5 (2010):
The Activity of Reason
- Presidential Address of the
Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association, 2008.
Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical
Volume 83, No.2, November 2009; and in Reasons and
Essays on the Philosophy of T. M. Scanlon, edited
by R. J.
Wallace, Rahul Kumar, and Samuel Freeman. New York: Oxford
Motives and the
Motive of Duty;
Hume and Kant on Our Duties
- Contemporary Readings In Law and Social Justice 1(2),
Just Like All the Other Animals of the Earth
- (Moral and
towards Animals and Our Animal Nature in the
Philosophies of Hume and Kant)
Bulletin, Volume 36, No. 3 (Autumn 2008).
Fellow Creatures: Kantian Ethics and Our
- in The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, ed.
Peterson. Salt Lake City: Utah University Press,
25, 2005, and
Lectures web site via the
Other Work in
- The Natural History of the Good: A Four-Lecture Set (click for Podcast)
- 1. Good and Good-For
- 2. Good and Good-For, Continued
- 3. What Kinds of Entities Can Have a Good?
- 4. The Right and the Good
The Unity of the Right and the Good in John Rawls's Thought
- Presented at the Eastern Division Meetings of the American Philosophical Association
- in December 2012.
Return to Korsgaard home page