Christine M. Korsgaard
Essays and Work in Progress
- A Kantian
for Animal Rights
- Animal Law: Tier und Recht, edited by Julia Hänni, Margot Michel, Daniela Kühne. Dike Verlag, Zurich, 2012.
Relational Nature of the Good
- forthcoming in Oxford Studies on Metaethics, Volume 8, edited by Russ Shafer-Landau. Oxford:
Oxford University Press.
- The Origin of the Good and Our Animal
- forthcoming in Problems of Goodness: New Essays on Metaethics, edited by Bastian Reichardt.
- The Normative
Constitution of Agency
- forthcoming in
Rational and Social Agency: Essays on the Philosophy of Michael
Bratman, edited by Manuel Vargas and Gideon Yaffe. New York:
Oxford University Press, and in German translation in a volume of
essays on normativity edited by Rainer Forst, from
- Published in Spanish
by Dulce María Grande in Signos
Filosoficos, No. 26,
Animals: A Kantian Account
The Oxford Handbook of Animal Ethics, edited by
Beauchamp and R. G. Frey. Oxford,
on the Evolution of Morality
Lecture in Philosophy 5 (2010):
The Activity of Reason
- Presidential Address of the
Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association, 2008.
Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical
Volume 83, No.2, November 2009; and in Reasons and
Essays on the Philosophy of T. M. Scanlon, edited
by R. J.
Wallace, Rahul Kumar, and Samuel Freeman. New York: Oxford
Motives and the
Motive of Duty;
Hume and Kant on Our Duties
- Contemporary Readings In Law and Social Justice 1(2),
Just Like All the Other Animals of the Earth
- (Moral and
towards Animals and Our Animal Nature in the
Philosophies of Hume and Kant)
Bulletin, Summer, 2008.
Fellow Creatures: Kantian Ethics and Our
- in The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, ed.
Peterson. Salt Lake City: Utah University Press,
25, 2005, and
Lectures web site via the
- On Having a Good
- Eventually forthcoming in Philosophy, the Journal of the Royal Institute of Philosophy
- Moral Animals:
Three-Lecture Set (click for Abstract)
- 1. The Origin of the Good and Our Animal
- 2. That Short But Imperious
Word 'Ought': Human Nature and the Right
- 3. Human Beings and the Other Animals
Return to Korsgaard home page