Christine M. Korsgaard
Essays and Work in Progress
Prospects for a Naturalistic Explanation of The Good
Aristotelian Society Supplementary Volume XCII, 2018.
Species-Being and the Badness of Extinction and Death
- Zeitschrift für Ethik und Moralphilosophie April, 2018, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp. 143-162. OPEN ACCESS.
forthcoming in Critical Terms for Animal Studies edited by Lori Gruen.
Animal Selves and the Good
ForthcomingOxford Studies in Normative Ethics edited by Mark Timmons, 2018.
Constitutivism and the Virtues
Forthcoming in an issue of Philosophical Explorations devoted to Constitutivism; Volume 22, Issue 2, Summer 2019.
The Claims of Animals and the Needs of Strangers: Two Cases of Imperfect Right
The Journal of Practical EthicsVolume 6, No. 1, June 2018. OPEN ACCESS.
Kantian Ethics, Animals, and the Law
The Hart Lecture for 2012
The Oxford Journal of Legal Studies Winter 2013 33 (4) 1-20.
- On Having a Good
- Philosophy, the Journal of the Royal Institute of Philosophy, Volume 89, Issue 03, pp. 405-429, July 2014; and in Philosophers of Our Times, edited by Ted Honderich, Oxford 2015.
- A Kantian
for Animal Rights
- Animal Law: Tier und Recht, edited by Julia Hänni, Margot Michel, Daniela Kühne. Dike Verlag, Zurich, 2012.
Relational Nature of the Good
- Oxford Studies on Metaethics, Volume 8, edited by Russ Shafer-Landau. Oxford:
Oxford University Press, 2013.
- The Origin of the Good and Our Animal
- The Normative
Constitution of Agency
Rational and Social Agency: Essays on the Philosophy of Michael
Bratman, edited by Manuel Vargas and Gideon Yaffe. New York:
Oxford University Press, 2014, and in German translation in a volume of
essays on normativity edited by Rainer Forst, from
- Forthcoming in a volume on Respect for Persons, edited by Oliver Sensen and Richard Dean.
Published in Spanish
by Dulce María Grande in Signos
Filosoficos, No. 26,
Animals: A Kantian Account
The Oxford Handbook of Animal Ethics, edited by
Beauchamp and R. G. Frey. Oxford,
on the Evolution of Morality
Lecture in Philosophy 5 (2010):
The Activity of Reason
- Presidential Address of the
Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association, 2008.
Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical
Volume 83, No.2, November 2009; and in Reasons and
Essays on the Philosophy of T. M. Scanlon, edited
by R. J.
Wallace, Rahul Kumar, and Samuel Freeman. New York: Oxford
Motives and the
Motive of Duty;
Hume and Kant on Our Duties
- Contemporary Readings In Law and Social Justice 1(2),
Just Like All the Other Animals of the Earth
- (Moral and
towards Animals and Our Animal Nature in the
Philosophies of Hume and Kant)
Bulletin, Volume 36, No. 3 (Autumn 2008).
Fellow Creatures: Kantian Ethics and Our
- in The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, ed.
Peterson. Salt Lake City: Utah University Press,
25, 2005, and
Lectures web site via the
Other Work in
- The Natural History of the Good: A Four-Lecture Set (click for Podcast)
- 1. Good and Good-For
- 2. Good and Good-For, Continued
- 3. What Kinds of Entities Can Have a Good?
- 4. The Right and the Good
Return to Korsgaard home page