My research interests are in atmopsheric dynamics and climate change. I am particularly interested in the influence of cloud and precipitation processes on atmospheric circulations of a wide range of spatial scales. Understanding the role of such moist processes in determining the climate is an important step toward predicting the possible impacts of human-induced global warming.
My particular research interests include:
- Understanding the large-scale tropical overturning circulation
- Earth's monsoons in the past, present and future
- Tropical convection in different climates
- Precipitation extremes under global warming
- The entropy budget of a convecting atmosphere
If you would like to persue a PhD or honours project in these or related areas, please contact me.